Field Officers (Volunteer)
Uganda Village Project (UVP), a registered public health non-profit working in the Iganga district, is looking volunteer Field Officers.
Field Officer Positions
UVP accepts qualified individuals for a volunteer field officer positions on a rolling basis to assist with our growing organization and program support. The positions will be variable in time-frame based on applicant availability and program needs. These positions are voluntary, are available on a rolling basis, and will entail working with a Ugandan counterpart.
Past and pending field officer positions include:
1. Rural Water Sources / Safe Water – Oversae the expansion of shallow well construction as well as monitoring and assessment of previously constructed wells.
2. Maternal and Neonatal Health – Perform tasks related to our maternal health work such as education and awareness-raising, and fistula education, reporting, and follow-up.
3. Village Health Teams – Enhance VHTs’ capacity and work to encourage their sustainability.
When UVP has a specific field officer need we post them here; in the absence of that please feel free to find out more about our organization, our work, and our partners, and propose a field officer position that fulfills a need we may have overlooked.
Please note, there is an administrative fee associated with our field officer positions.
- Deep-seated commitment to solidarity and sustainability marked by a passionate dedication to serve alongside those who are most marginalized in our world
– Patience, adaptability, steadfastness, and the ability to effectively compromise
– Strong interpersonal skills, cultural competency and humility
– Thorough and creative problem solving skills
– Educational experience relevant to the needs of the position
– Experience as an educator, community organizer or comparable positions
– Work history in Africa a plus (in Uganda preferable)
– English fluency including strong writing skills
– Understanding of basic accounting
– Familiarity with Microsoft Office and basic web design software
To apply, please send us a CV/resume including several references that we may contact about previous work you have done to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as a cover letter explaining the listed or proposed field officer position you are applying for, your availability, and how you think you could benefit our organization. Please feel free to contact us to ask if we have a need in a certain area of work that fits your time-frame prior to submitting your application materials. Thank you!
For More Information: If you would like to request further information, please e-mail us at email@example.com